It Is Spring - Poem by Sagnik Chakraborty
The flowers be wilting, it is spring,
The mind be fleeting, it is spring,
The pain be seething, it is spring,
My heart be bleeding, it is spring.
The one who moves my torrid heart
To ink these lines — of me a part —
May be distant, may be a dream,
I see in me her visage gleam.
Speech is dormant, Love sleeps not,
Lyric speaks and lends heart wings,
The song be tethered, it is spring,
The smile be withered, it is spring.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about It Is Spring by Sagnik Chakraborty
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl