Randy McClave Poems
- Then He Cried When he left his mother and the doctor spanked ...
- Bring Me Flowers Bring me flowers when I am living Don't ...
- Victory Victory is ours! Said one crow to the other, As ...
- Happy Mood So fine a day it is today To the world I send out...
- Being Yourself Be the way that you want to be Not the way ...
- Love Is Love is special, Love is kind, Love is joyful, ...
- Knowing Of A Tree It is a good thing indeed When someone ...
I was born and raised in Ashland, Kentucky.
I am a also former Golden Gloves champion, and I am United Steelworker. I write to reflect the life I have lived and the suffering and happiness I have been through. I started writing poetry when I was 11 years of age, I have been to many countries Japan, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Scotland, England and I have studied and learned of writings and poetry of the countries that I visited.
I currently have 4 books of poetry published, I have been inspired by poets of the current and of the past, I see life as a poem waiting to be written.. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''If it weren't because of dirty cops, dirty judges and dirty politicians. We would live in a clean country.''The Bible and History
''Yesterday it is gone, that is where we store our sorrows. Tomorrow will never arrive, that is where we store our dreams. Today is all that we are guaranteed''To all the people that waited for tomorrow
1. Life is short and sweet, so travel.My belief
2. Opportunity will knock at your door once maybe twice, don't wait for the third knock.
3. If you don't answer the phone, they will stop calling...
''God gave us two hands to either aid or to destroy. Then he gave us freewill.''God and Man
''In the end we will all be remembered by our deeds, either by who we helped or by who we ignored.''Life
Then He Cried
When he left his mother and the doctor spanked his hide
In that delivery room he then first cried,
But, that cry that he uttered so proudly and loud
Was a proclamation to all, that he'll make his mother proud.
As a young boy he and his mother walked hand in hand
She taught him that one day alone he must make his stand,
So, in defeat he would not ever give up, but again he would try
And not once ever in a loss, did he cry.
The man that he became was not crafted from a father or brother
It was from the desire and the love from his mother,
Now, the man ...