Sanda May Benlien
It Was Only Yesterday - Poem by Sanda May Benlien
It was only yesterday, when you were small,
I used to hold you in my arms.
Now you're older and out of school!
Yes, it was only yesterday,
When I clothed you and fed you.
It was a joy watching you play.
I hope yesterday I was a good Mother,
So when yesterday passes and in the future you'll be a good Father.
May yesterday have good memories of how we played and did things together.
And the little talks that made things brighter.
Of course yesterday was hard and enduring.
The pains of growing up and the joys of our love we gave yesterday.
Happy graduation my son.
It was only yesterday.
Comments about It Was Only Yesterday by Sanda May Benlien
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl