Leave Me Free - Poem by Sandra Osborne
See an answer to myself,
Singing dancing to my song,
Laughing in the falling rain.
Hearing sounds of lonely voices,
People trying to be heard,
People yelling, screaming, crying,
People lonely, slowly dying.
All alone with you, myself,
I hear as lonely cries the wind,
“Why for who, and what for when…
Will life ever live again? ”
Ask me not for whom to see,
Ask me only live as me.
I plead you gently, let me be.
I ask you only, leave me free.
Comments about Leave Me Free by Sandra Osborne
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl