Looking Upon Us - Poem by Naveed Akram
Looking upon the stars it won't be wrong
To promise the Earth a flattering remark.
For only my heart hugs this clay-like globe
Full of parsimony, its resources are sweeter.
I still feel the soil has to struggle according to
Our own feet huddling above the lovely ground.
My heart has fallen into the pit called love,
I will realise the sordid details that this entails.
I must wait, I must train the understanding to
Think further, and fulfil my joy and make my felicity.
It's true my head is stronger than my heart,
But love shall intellectually overtake me tonight.
Comments about Looking Upon Us by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl