Love Arises - Poem by Naveed Akram
Love arises and heightens towards us,
With a manifesto to shock and stare at;
Then iron chains are broken
Up and sold to the higher men.
Dying men shall visit the chained places,
Playing with their steel as a form of strength,
Speeding along in time as they crawl naturally,
This hour fades with an advertisement.
I speak in a velocity of light,
At the top of life, at the highest life.
Weighing in with hugeness,
I see love taste the horizon at the seaside.
Wading in requires good luck
And darkness of the night is also tomorrow.
Comments about Love Arises by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl