Love's Gift - Poem by Long Tooth
One to care,
One to share,
Peace when she is by your side,
One whose laugh and pillowed hair
Always fills your heart with pride.
Rock and roll,
There's no way you can explain,
How your virtues play a role,
What the girl might hope to gain.
And there's this,
When you kiss,
Somehow all the world seems right,
Danger missing in abyss,
Blue skies all but fill my sight.
Does it matter which comes first?
Fear of death has been reversed.
Can this be?
Don't you see?
It is not in your control!
Love survives when it is free
And thus blesses human soul!
Comments about Love's Gift by Long Tooth
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl