Del a.k.a. Abe Jones
Military Spouse - Poem by Del a.k.a. Abe Jones
She is the real foot-soldier
On rough roads behind at home
She’ll stand up for Her loved one
Who is often on the roam.
She’ll raise the family, pay the bills
And do it all without complaint
Many times She’s not too happy
But holds Her feelings in restraint.
She’s the backbone of the Services
And holds the Line on the Homefront
She’ll put Her own life on hold
With Her Spouses’ on the forefront.
Those Ladies hold the “Fort” down
For their significant others
Who are off preserving Freedom
With their “Sisters” and “Brothers”.
There’s not enough Credit given
To those Spouses left behind
For they truly are a rare breed
Yes! She’s a very special kind.
Comments about Military Spouse by Del a.k.a. Abe Jones
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye