Modern - Poem by Erika Conti
That Puppet who gave you that tin-foil heart
all screwed with tiny steel rose thorns.
Well you know, when they put a coin in your mouth and you smile
on request, it shouldn't be this way.
it must not be this way.
Oh you got tought,
you got tought that what sparkles wins.
and that shadows are to be ashamed of.
Oh how can this be, how can this
that i could feel
a certain feeling
for something so loveless.so
Comments about Modern by Erika Conti
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl