Moonlight Away - Poem by Shola Balogun
Let me take you on a walk
To the moon tonight, Beloved.
The words of your lips
Are like grapes
Fresh from the vine.
Your smile has in it the miracle
Of turning water into wine.
Let me adorn you
With the finest robes.
Your name is like fragrant resin
In a choice ointment.
I see a river of oil
Flow from your lips, my darling.
The rainbow I see in your eyes
Expands the borders of my dream.
The rainbow I see is the rainbow
In your eyes.
Your love is the fragrance,
And my heart the flower of new Eden.
Comments about Moonlight Away by Shola Balogun
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl