My Darling - Poem by Adam Smitherman
My Darling I miss you.
My Darling I need you.
These things that I'm saying.
Do you understand them?
Or do they got right on through you?
These feelings I have.
Is sometimes more than I can take.
I feel if you left me my heart would surely break.
But my heart keeps on beating.
Beating all for you.
I know I don't really know you.
But god**** this feeling!
It keeps me up thinking.
Do you mean those things you say?
Or is this just another play.
Where I am your puppet.
(Well then you go shove it!)
But if it isn't.
And theirs no strings attached.
Then I tell you my Darling.
That we're a perfect match.
Comments about My Darling by Adam Smitherman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl