My Son, Don't Cry - Poem by OLADEJI POPOOLA
Calm it with prayer
the frayed home but
not to cry.
Oh! Son don't cry
for peace shall reign again.
Who will you blame for your
plight, marital brouhaha never
let your sleeping pill work.
Father, Mother tell us the real
tale why the home frayed.
Son don't cry,
for God sees thy home,
Paint your agony with utopia
wipe off tears on your doleful face.
For your home shall be peaceful again.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about My Son, Don't Cry by OLADEJI POPOOLA
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl