My True Love - Poem by Lance Carthen
Its so hard to love you...when you just run away.
I reach out to kiss you...then you turn your face.
I remember the old days...when you used to say,
I love you darling...may our love never fade.
The leaves are falling...the sky has turned grey.
For now my true love...has went away.
The sun has stopped shining...I kneel to pray.
Lord may my true love...find back her way.
I'll leave the gate open...and wait by the door.
Looking for my true love...to come once more.
If I should see you...walking down the road.
I'll come out to greet you...bring you in from the cold.
I miss my sweet heart...the girl of my dreams.
I miss my true love...I hope you come back to me.
Comments about My True Love by Lance Carthen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl