Near - Poem by Olumide Sowemimo
To the farthest end of the Earth,
Where no man had ever sojourned,
Across the widest Desert,
Hotter than the Furnace
The widest Ocean,
In the realm of Abyss,
The highest mountain,
High above the eagle's nest,
Yet I find Her not.
Alas, all through my sojourn,
She had always being.
Near, Nearer than my breathe,
She encompasses me with her fragrance.
Near, Nearer than my heartbeat,
In her bosom She laid me.
Near and Nearer I get to thee.
Comments about Near by Olumide Sowemimo
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl