ivor or ivor.e hogg
Needs Must - Poem by ivor or ivor.e hogg
When the skylarks rise up singing.
Their morning hymn to greet the day
Praise songs set the welkin ringing.
Because they know no other way
To show their heart felt gratitude.
A very different attitude
from men who rise reluctantly
And curse their waking bitterly.
The see no reason they should sing
They are convinced the day will bring.
Back breaking work to earn their bread.
When they would rather stay in bed.
Comments about Needs Must by ivor or ivor.e hogg
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda