ivor or ivor.e hogg
ivor or ivor.e hogg Poems
- A New Deal A New Deal The shouting and the tumult ...
- City Streets The gaudy glow of neon lights dispels the ...
- Reward For Long Service. Reward for long service English ode...
- A Dog's Tale For M' Lady Ern... A dog’s tale A ...
- Burj Khalifa A tower reaching for the sky The tallest in the...
- Unfulfilled Dreams The best laid plans of mice and men. Are ...
- A Tribute To W.E.Henley 1849-1... A tribute to W.E.Henley ...
Ex airman Ex policemam ex social worker etc
rather varied career pattern
Married second time around to a poetess artist and musician
two duugthers one son two step sons 10
grandchildren between us spread all over the globe
Interests reading and writing poetry Reading sci fi and fantasy.Comparitive religion Re incarnation and Psi in general
Retired and busier than I ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A New Deal
A New Deal
The shouting and the tumult dies.
The people have declared their choice
they’ve chosen change: It’s no surprise.
The time has come long overdue
To break with past failed policies
try something different something new.
Both candidates have done their best
you must give credit where it’s due
But only one could pass the test
You’ve chosen your new president.
You did your bit let him do his
and hope that he proves competent.
To recognise what must be done
to rectify the errors of the past.
A daunting task for ...