Not Far From Tonle Sap - Poem by uday balakrishnan
A young girl in pajamas
Lost and alone near a cafe
Anxious Germans and some French and Italians too..
Rather lecherous old turtles of indeterminable age
Something disappointingly pornographic
Made the city wail in silence and ache
As the expat crowd sipped gin
On the verandah of the foreign correspondents club...
Down below the motos
Waited and not in vain.
Comments about Not Far From Tonle Sap by uday balakrishnan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl