Gossamer Webs Of Memories - Poem by uday balakrishnan
A culvert opens on your face
But what if the face is a desert
With no stream or river?
Life merely an expression
That a voice gives away
Existence a dream already lived.
Everything desired is happening
While tomorrow comes
Cruising on past possibilities
Present sadness recedes into a vault
One that has no key
Opening just enough
To let memories pile in untidy heaps
Letting nothing out, nothing out at all
Now turning off the light is a formality
A feckless goodbye to Now.
Comments about Gossamer Webs Of Memories by uday balakrishnan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl