Nothing - Poem by Danielle Cutler
It is time.
Feel the anticipation
As you drum your fingers restlessly.
Close your eyes.
Take a deep breath.
You think to yourself
“Come to me.”
Sounds drip through the air like honey
Slow, thick, sweet, golden.
Your heart begins to race at the sounds
Direct, inviting, inspiring.
With a single purpose.
Sounds move across mountains
Over valleys, and rivers
Flowing without movement
Feel the sounds wash over you
You shudder delightfully at their meaning
The hairs on your arms and the back of your neck stand on end
Know a small part of it belongs to you alone.
Calling to you, demanding your attention
You cannot resist, will not deny
What is asked of you-
Comments about Nothing by Danielle Cutler
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda