Oh, The Irony - Poem by Austin Terando
I came to the room with a blank slate
You and I, acquaintances at the most
Oh, how I've learned
And you think you're smart
And you think you're 'hot'
Oh, how I hate
Your character and your soul
You've lost your way
And there's little hope for change
Oh, you think 'whites' are stupid?
Oh, you worry 'gays' will touch you?
Oh, you fear 'blacks' will hurt you?
You're everything He isn't
And I despise being here with you
You poor victim
To the world
To the media
To the peers
Oh, the irony
Comments about Oh, The Irony by Austin Terando
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl