Okay - Poem by Sonja Mason
While sleep numbs my pain away
everything you do or say I say okay
& although I give it my all
there's nothing I can say
am I just a string along or would you
like me to stay either way
it's just another day
I say okay
Do you love me I love you do you love me
I love you do you love me
I love you do you love me I love you
do you love me..?
I'm Dead I might not be the prettiest
but I have to stay the skinniest
why must I be happy by torturing
myself for someone else's pleasure
& yet enjoy it
the feeling of intoxication, starvation, of
it seems so justifiable...
and since all my life has been melancholy
it is something I should get used to
it will never change...
of all the things I dreamt for
it has never found me
so I remain...
Comments about Okay by Sonja Mason
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl