Open Your Doors For Me - Poem by Rhiannon Scase
I'm at death's door, but theres no answer,
I'm asking to leave this world a little faster.
I knock harder, I knock louder; still no reply.
Why's it disapproved for me to die?
I'm dead inside anyway!
Yet in this world I must stay!
It's not luck, it's not destiny nor is it fate,
The devil just enjoys making me wait!
If I met him half way, would he let me in?
Or would I have to commit yet another sin?
I'm unsure of whether there is a heaven and hell
but to find out, my empty soul i'm willing to sell.
I know i'll find out some day, but that days too far away,
What do I have to do to 'naturally' die? Ironically pray?
Comments about Open Your Doors For Me by Rhiannon Scase
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl