Ouchie! - Poem by Michelle Tiddy
I've just burnt my tongue
On a cup of seductive espresso
What should I do? Cover it in jello?
Dip it in ice, or a bag of frozen peas?
Stick it under the tap, this hurt I must ease!
Darn that addiction
to caffeine I have, the raging need
That makes me gulp in one long drag...
Not pondering the results of the actions I take
Now I won't taste the dinner, that later I'll make
The little tastebuds
Are squealing in pain, I'm rolling my tongue
Over and over again, nothing will help
It serves me right I guess, I should stick
To bloody cold water, and nothing else!
Comments about Ouchie! by Michelle Tiddy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye