Out Of The Darkness - Poem by ian burns
Have you ever watched the night falling into the light
what did you see, when the stars were set free
how did you feel, when a glimpse you did steal
of the night falling into the light.
When the sun has shone and the darkness has gone
into the day when children play
During such times, when the wind blows the chimes
of the light, coming through the night.
The memory is lost, in a cold night's frost
of the sliding door of the day gone before
leaving a question mark, if it was really dark
when night actually became light.
At what moment is light turned to twilight
when do we know, when it's quid pro quo
and both meet as one, no stars, no sun
at the point, when night is actually light
Comments about Out Of The Darkness by ian burns
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl