Perfection - Poem by Charlotte Ballard
Why do I look at people that are
Missing apart of themselves and shutter?
They have the same soul components as I -
Except that an accident has occurred
That destroyed the perfect mirror of their God
Who's lacking the most? They
With their damaged mirror of life
Who shutters as they pass?
Because it is I who is blind
To the beauty that lies beneath
It is I who's deaf to the
Sweetness of their heart.
It is I
Who lacks a vital part of my soul
(Compassion, mercy and eyes that see)
When I shutter
At those that pass
That lack a normal
Of what we call perfection.
Comments about Perfection by Charlotte Ballard
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl