Lydia J. McFarland
Pffft... - Poem by Lydia J. McFarland
the thing u said the other day
about being happy that I am just like her
when you reflect back on the days
this girl u would've preferred.
she seems so perfect,
no woman could compare
she had mahogany brown skin
and long wavy black hair
her intelligence proceeded her
she was your beautiful black queen
you talked about her so freakin' much
made me want to scream! ! !
even so... those days have come and gone,
a compliment and and insult
is what you've managed to combine
telling me you're happy you've got someone
just like her! pffft, Why not just kick me in the behind?
Comments about Pffft... by Lydia J. McFarland
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl