Pious Ones - Poem by Naveed Akram
I saw a man so pious that he wept for me
And this meaning was written in those languages;
Nothing of medicine and surgery was committed
On me, for I bleed and am wounded like any man.
I saw a piety in me that wept for him,
On seas of ice we skated to be wise and learned
Throughout our stay on Earth.
The wisdom of a man is superior to his audience,
And so we wept for the One who created us,
Tears of brine destroyed the flames of Hell,
And entered the gardens to fill the pools
That were so much sweeter than they were before.
Comments about Pious Ones by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl