Prayer Candle - Poem by William McGehee
A lighted prayer unto God,
Wishful thoughts illuminated.
It stands upon its metal rod
That messenger of hopes related.
It burns until it is no more.
It guarded well your hopes and dreams
Its essence drips down to the floor
In faith that God is listening.
Comments about Prayer Candle by William McGehee
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl