Enoch O. Akanji
Prayer For Teenagers - Poem by Enoch O. Akanji
• O Lord and my God, I worship You, I praise and adore You, and I
magnify and bless Your holy name.
• O Lord and my God, I appreciate You, I am grateful unto You, and
I am very thankful for all You have done in my life.
• I pray I will not display behavioral problems as teenagers are likely to
develop behavioral or personality problems, in the name of Jesus.
• I will not misbehave in any manner and be at risk in life, in the name
• Uphold me with your mighty hands, O Lord, and let it continue to
rest upon me, in the name of Jesus.
• Give me the grace, O Lord, to deal with all problems that come my
way, in the name of Jesus.
• I will always stand on the rock that will never fail, and Jesus is that
• I raise the standard of the blood of Jesus against drug and alcohol. It
will not become a problem for me, in the name of Jesus.
• I will not try to fit in by doing the wrong thing, but rather, I will
align myself with the Word of God, my Redeemer.
• I will not try to fit in by initiating and joining a gang, but rather, I
will fit into the company of the children of the Most High God and
become a child of the Most High God doing the right thing.
We have confidence before God and receive from Him anything
we ask, because we obey His commands and do what pleases
Him. (1 John 3: 21,22)
THE MAGNIFICENT 333 PRAYERS 61
• Help me, O Lord, not to fail You, not to fail my parent and myself,
in the name of Jesus.
• I will be stud the Word of my Lord God, in the name of Jesus.
• I will be excited doing good things in the Lord, in the name of
• I pray I will not strive to be like anyone else but be like Jesus Christ,
the Author and Finisher of my faith.
• I will not be in trouble with the law. Instead, I will be at peace with
the Lord my God.
• I will not give in to peer pressure, but rather, I will belong to a
Christian group, in the name of Jesus.
• Increase my self-confidence and my self-esteem to Your glory, in the
name of Jesus.
• In Your hand I commit my spirit, soul, and body. You are my Security
and my Banner, in the name of Jesus.
• Bless me with wisdom, knowledge, and understanding, and give me
the grace to cope with the opposite sex, in the name of Jesus.
• Help me to make sound decisions about my life, and continue to help
me to learn the act of giving and receiving, in the name of Jesus.
• Give me the grace, O Lord, to manage my time and not to spend too
much time on the phone but on things that will glorify Your holy
• I pray I will not be lured into bad habits. I will be at the right place
at the right time doing the right thing with the right people.
• O Lord my God, order my steps and put me on the road called
straight. I will not go to prison for any reason, so shall it be, in the
name of Jesus.
• I pray I will keep my house rules and obey and respect my parents,
who have better experience about life than I do, in the name of
• I pray I will be a positive influence on other teenagers, and my God
will continue to guide and protect me all the days of my life, in the
name of Jesus.
• I will try as much as possible to be decent in my lifestyle by not listening
to loud music, yelling, and speaking loudly, in the name of Jesus.
• I pray I will make it and be successful in all my work, both at home
and in school, in the name of Jesus.
• I will be a salt to this world and a positive influence even among
those who do not know me, in the name of Jesus.
62 ENOCH O. AKANJI
• Order my steps, guide my path, bridle my tongue, walk with me,
and I will always cast my burden unto You, my Lord God, in the
name of Jesus.
• My life will change for the better, I will eat the good of this land, and
the glory of God will shine upon me, in the name of Jesus.
• I will not fail, I will not fall, and I will not falter. I will move from
glory to glory, grace to grace, power to power, in the name of Jesus.
• I will not be a disgrace to the Lord my God, to my parents, and even
to myself, in the name of Jesus.
• I pray I will not do things against the law. I pray that all those things
like watching bad movies or having sex outside marriage will not be
my portion, in the name of Jesus
• I commit everything about myself into Your hands, my God. Glorify
Your holy name in my life, and let it be well with me, in the name of
• Let Your holy angels continue to watch over me and cause me not to
make silly mistakes in this journey of life, in Jesus’s name.
• Encourage me, O Lord. Support me in my education, and let me
continue to do well in all my classes, in the name of Jesus.
• Bless me, O Lord, with wisdom, knowledge, and understanding, in
the name of Jesus.
• My Lord and my God, perfect everything that concerns me, and
glorify Your holy name even in my thoughts and in my heart, in the
name of Jesus.
• I will serve you, I will love you, and I will be a fisher of men by Your
grace, to the glory of Your name.
• I believe with all these prayer points, my life will begin to turn
around, in the name of Jesus.
• Once again, O Lord, I praise and thank You for everything, for how
far You have brought me I know that my life will never be the same
again, in the name of Jesus.
• I seal all these prayer points with the blood of Jesus, and I pray You
will continue to draw me unto You, my God. In the name of Jesus,
I pray with thanksgiving. Amen.
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to
all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
(James 1: 5, see also 1 Kings 3: 5-14)
Comments about Prayer For Teenagers by Enoch O. Akanji
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl