Enoch O. Akanji
Prayer For The Act Of Parenting. - Poem by Enoch O. Akanji
• I thank You, Lord God, for everything that I am and all that You want
me to be. I pray I will fulfill Your purpose in this world. Help me
to be the good parent that You always wanted me to be by showing
affection and love to my children, in the name of Jesus.
• Teach me, O Lord my God, the act of parenting. Give me the grace
to be involved in my children’s lives, showing that I care by listening
to them. Let them be able to bring their challenges to You and me,
help them to feel safe at all times. Guide me to teach them in Your
ways, in the name of Jesus.
• Grant them the grace to focus on You and You alone. Order their
steps, and bless their going out and their coming in. Give me the
peace and understanding to know that they will follow Your orders.
Give them the ear to listen and the grace to obey You, in the name
• Lord God Almighty, perfect my relationship with my spouse, and
give us the grace not to fight or argue let us be knit and bound
together in love, the agape love of God is abundant in our marriage
in Jesus’ name
• Give us the grace to give up things like alcohol, smoking, gambling, and
all those things that will not glorify Your holy name, since these things
will affect them in the future. Give us the grace to praise and encourage
them as these will boost their self-esteem, in the name of Jesus.
• Give us the grace to avoid criticisms and let our rules and regulations
be firm. Bless us and, as parents, give us the grace to spend time with
them and be a good role model as You are our Great Role Model.
THE MAGNIFICENT 333 PRAYERS 55
• I will be a good parent all the days of my life, even to the children
around my neighborhood, and Almighty God, continue to teach
me and grant me the grace to rebuke them in love when they make
mistakes and give them the grace to learn from it. I will serve the
Lord God wholeheartedly, and my children will serve Him too.
Continue to strengthen my children and me for Your glory. In Jesus’s
name, I pray with thanksgiving. Amen.
Comments about Prayer For The Act Of Parenting. by Enoch O. Akanji
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl