Rainy Days - Poem by Amanda Thomas
It kept me calm and it kept me level.
I turn the record over and listen to the other side.
I want to see how the other side lives.
The tea kettle yelps from downstairs,
I pour a mug and continue to contemplate
Wait for the drink to steep
Watch the steam rise and lift away the day's sorrows
Grab a blanket and turn on a movie
Tonight will be just for me.
Comments about Rainy Days by Amanda Thomas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl