Rambling! - Poem by Brian Counsell
I came across a 'lonely' road, an unsealed road I didn't know.
An abandoned house, nothing in sight, down this road I did go.
A broken windmill, an old cart and a mud brick shed.
A touch of adventure, excitement filled my head.
Around a corner was an old School...sad news!
Past an old orchard and a field of 'roos.
I slowed and stopped by an old brick Church,
Got out and walked in with my ungainly lurch.
And I thought to myself, A lonely road it might be,
But God and this Church is still here for me.
Comments about Rambling! by Brian Counsell
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda