Effie Yalena Steyn
Rather Die Than Lie - Poem by Effie Yalena Steyn
You know if I wasn't tied down I'd leap to the chance
A bird on the wing, flying free, but I'll never do what she
did to you to him, that's just not me.
How sweet your torture, however bare your heart laid
I think the worst thing I could say to you is the only
To hold you near and hold you dear but never all the way.
Take these love biting curious hands knowingly glancing
as my all
And know I'll be there duly, if ever you should fall.
But I won't be his cause of sleepless, barbaric nights
fingers itching for fights
Like she was yours. I'll never be that girl.
Comments about Rather Die Than Lie by Effie Yalena Steyn
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye