U Win Kyi
Religion(9) (Once-A-Year X'Mas Christian) - Poem by U Win Kyi
Last year I attended a mid-night mass
with my feeling very hurt.
Standing at the door of cathedral
daring not to enter,
I was a once-a-year visitor
and a long-lost sinner.
No excuse of being so busy
I was actually so lazy.
For church-going I always hesitated
for I had a weak faith.
I asked forgiveness in fear.
My eyes filled with tear.
Contrition in my heart..so sincere.
I felt I was welcomed with an open arm.
My heart warmly burned.
I felt I was given a special gift
by my Lord, all sins to forgive.
I have become a new man since then,
no more an once-in -a-year Christmas christian.
Comments about Religion(9) (Once-A-Year X'Mas Christian) by U Win Kyi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl