Reverend Dimmesdale - Poem by Cheyenne Ashley
Yet I am Holy
Holy damned to Hell!
These hands are washed;
Purified in the white fires of the Devil's gates.
Eternal death in the Wrath of God.
But I must go on she tells me...
For What More!
I stand judged with my fate,
By society's newly refined whore.
'Thou shall not go alone'
But I shall, and forever more.
As the hands of this sinner,
Close up judgements forgiving door.
Comments about Reverend Dimmesdale by Cheyenne Ashley
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda