Roasting - Poem by Naveed Akram
The seas of roasting chickens
Gang up on the mouth, to slaughter
Them is wise, more intelligent
Than themselves, who watch and listen
In ways of the Academy;
After tonight the walls of heaven collapse
For their taste and the taste buds work splendours.
Much eating occurred after me,
Most of the wasting accomplished nothing.
My boiling soup acutely spun
Under the weight of heaven and hell.
Those chances slim,
These windows thinner,
And my soup a broth for dinner.
Comments about Roasting by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda