Elmer Romulo Valdez
Romancing The Dunes - Poem by Elmer Romulo Valdez
Yes, your love brings happiness,
To me, the pining, far-away soul;
The Dreamer weaving his thoughts,
As he wanders on the shifting sand;
Building his little castles of sand,
Which crumble at the hiss of wind.
You give hue and meaning to my life,
Wasted in a dark and solitary space;
The Sandman bears the searing heat,
And weathers the blinding sandstorm;
Taking sure steps, to reach a mile,
Even with heavy feet, mired in mud.
You're the only one, no other heart,
Who is cherished so dearly and kept;
Always guided by the trusted Shadow,
With eternal, never-ending affection;
Flowing freely to reach life's end,
And embracing the end just for you.
Comments about Romancing The Dunes by Elmer Romulo Valdez
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl