Running Again - Poem by Dan Quiles
I lost it all by a second,
Hurting inside real bad,
I am a sad lad.
I wish I had that one back.
Hearing the roaring crowd and some boos
Not to far away, I can see
My mother holding her tears back,
Keeping myself composed is so hard,
I must play the cards right,
Keep it real tight.
I lost it all by a single second,
I may be down but not completely out,
At least it wasn’t a blowout,
Nothing is ever a blackout.
Because I know, I will be right back
Running like a speeding lion.
Comments about Running Again by Dan Quiles
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda