Sadness - Poem by Sarah2 McMahon
Sadness, it locks up my soul and shuts my world down.
I sit here with an invisible crown,
When my body lies down the clouds form over me and start to rain,
but there is a world lieing below me that i want to change.
I start to wimper, I start to cry,
until i realize that bottled up inside
Is a scared child named sadness caged up, within.
Who dares not to dream and shades our eyes.
The only happiness she is allowed, is when our dreams die.
Comments about Sadness by Sarah2 McMahon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl