Scattered Pearls - Poem by Papa Crutch
Tracks in the sand mark a line of remorse
For a life derailed from a chosen course.
As we plead for exclusion with sweet sublime
And rapidly make mention of a wounded mind,
As we seek for exception with spurious plea,
And lay claim to a heart full of despondency,
The sigh in our voice shows a careless regard
For emotions grown cold and conscience chard.
Don't sing me soft anthems of desolate scorn
Nor lip sync curses of the day you were born;
Breath on the mirror is profuse evidence of
A Spirit's strong will and a flesh not spent.
The pearls we scattered on the sands of time
Lay trampled in dust at the feet of swine;
The cards now dealt must yet be played, and
All our prayers won't make a heart a spade.
Comments about Scattered Pearls by Papa Crutch
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl