Selected Aphorisms From The Writings Of Robert E. Whelan Published With Permission - Poem by Bill Grace
33. Follow the money.
36. More education in theology does not lead to more faith.
37. Everyone has to run the same race in their own style.
38. In any church, you have different types of people. There are the priestly, the prophetic, the poetic and the working people. The first are concerned with keeping the church as it is, the second are concerned with the current needs of the people, the third find God in artistic pursuits, and the last pay the bills.
39. Prayer is not what you do with your alone time it is what you do with the presence of the God.
40. Everything important in religion is indefinable.
42. There have always been some critical questions to be asked:
-What do you come seeking?
-Who is Jesus to you?
-How do you define truth?
43. Beware of formula sermons.
44. In religion as in the military and sporting events, people get carried away.
45. Beware of the ‘true believers.' Religion is too complex without nuance and humor.
Comments about Selected Aphorisms From The Writings Of Robert E. Whelan Published With Permission by Bill Grace
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl