Shell-Shockflash-Back. - Poem by Ingibjorg 'sen
My logical mind is surely dead
Nothing but silence resounds in my head
The heat flows from my face-
I know that I'm all out of place.
(Rotten stumps of memories,
Things that should never be.
While all the time I want to scream
I'm bound to silence and what might have been) .
I run home in freezing air,
Running without a bloody care.
A cruel name resounds from a passing car-
I dread tomorrow now
Wishing I could die somehow
I'd give anything to just not be disgraced-
Like my displacement from the human race.
Comments about Shell-Shockflash-Back. by Ingibjorg 'sen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl