Simple Like Grass - Poem by Naveed Akram
Simple lads of the grass grow long like grass,
Jostling with the wind of the two rivers;
Join them in their songs of great happiness,
Like lasses of lead and silver so hard and tough.
Lads and lasses come away from each other,
If bones are for bending then bend strongly;
For the lawn’s grass is made of boys and girls
Too early in the summer when hardship results.
I enjoy these tales of an age of fair people,
Boys and girls are like their friends.
Lots of men and women collect in the gardens
So generous in their offerings and joy.
Comments about Simple Like Grass by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl