Sonnet #1 - Poem by Barlot ...
My love shied far under shields of sharpness
Through tunnels and trenches, the like
I stayed behind to lurk in the darkness
And lie alone in my thought each night.
Two writers in search of a thesis
One in which we wait to see
The Gods in Heaven gave us words to please us
As well as giving I to you, you to me.
And I but a calling from your mind
And you but the iron in my veins
In hopes of the treasures we may soon find
My loneliness remains.
This city halts for the sound of your song
Captivating my ear drums for our lifelong.
Comments about Sonnet #1 by Barlot ...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye