Sonnet Iv: Love Thy Neighbor - Poem by Sandra Osborne
Genesis said God created the world
In Exodus the Ten Commandments came,
Leviticus has laws for the Jewish world,
And Numbers also, is mostly the same,
Deuteronomy’s verse extends the tale
Of God and Israel and of their land
Where Saul, David and Solomon hail,
Who built the temple at the Lord’s command.
Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel and more
Prophesied about the coming of days,
How Christ would be killed and what it was for.
Then Jesus came in the Gospel’s to say,
That “Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.”
Love God and don’t worry about anything else.
Comments about Sonnet Iv: Love Thy Neighbor by Sandra Osborne
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl