Steaming And Screaming - Poem by Desiree Whitamore
going through life with my eyes closed, is a feeling i know so well.
not seeing but hearing people laugh, everytime i fought and fell.
trying to make my way in this wonderland full of tears.
i try to get back, yet excelling in my years.
wanting to live out my dreams, is a thought illegal to their minds.
i hate searching for something but not knowing what to find.
i hate wearing a smile while inside i am screaming.
and i hate having to laugh while inside i am steaming.
it's stupid that it doesn't register in their brains,
that the child they raised will never be the same.
sometimes i wish to step out of my tear soaken skin.
and have a girl who wants THEIR dreams to come in.
Comments about Steaming And Screaming by Desiree Whitamore
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl