Effie Yalena Steyn
Sudden Fame - Poem by Effie Yalena Steyn
Witchy eyes turn to me and stare
Inciting a reaction
I don't care.
A thousand people quizzically compare
With some fresh-printed pages
But what is to see there?
This, this is who I really am
I used to be ignored
Not someone you saw on a big screen yesterday
But the person you once deplored
I liked the silence of summer
The eternal loneliness was fair
But now I cannot move an inch
Without seeing a blank face there.
Comments about Sudden Fame by Effie Yalena Steyn
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl