The Angels On Our Shoulders - Poem by Alexander Thomas
With frenetic dance with age time speeds,
The question begs where all this leads,
If immortality is what together we seek,
To the stern face of life we can't be meek.
With imagination in the sky we can fly,
But we each know that this would be a lie,
For the only way for us to walk on water,
Is for us first to be lambs to the slaughter.
We can live forever with what we create,
In search for beauty not always found innate,
Hidden in the shadows is the greatest art,
So into life follow your compassionate heart.
Comments about The Angels On Our Shoulders by Alexander Thomas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye