The Dawn - Poem by Naveed Akram
What is knowledge? What is wisdom?
My sight seeks a candle, with a flame,
And the eyes are finally better, it is
The candlelight of good shining quality.
One may be wise when a small number
Of people are listening and reacting,
But the light from anywhere is cast
With such a holiness that the candle is only slight.
Knowledge this day is relished, abducted
By the wise candlelight.
Comments about The Dawn by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl