The Escape - Poem by CHOUDHURI SUKUMAR
I quit the trial.
For that matter I’m none special;
have no magic wand
and the dying souls march towards the end.
Not that I’m shameless so much,
but it’s then short-lived often;
so many things to feel sorry for,
crowd and chaos,
glooms and glitches.
I keep on quitting.
But nothing extraordinary of that;
have no touch stone
and just then the news spreads,
“Kanu Sannyal hanged himself; ”
it pricks my heart pierces my head,
it’s so pain enormous.
It’s so strange I feel.
But I really don’t know
if culminations are all tragic…..
and then the escaping withdrawal that stays back.
I escape away…..
from such feelings, belief and and ultimatums....
Translation by Bikash Roy.
Comments about The Escape by CHOUDHURI SUKUMAR
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl